This book is about my Japanese journey of over 30 years and is a perfect read for all individuals who are interested in:
- How to GET INTO the underbelly of Japanese language and culture
- How to OVERCOME LEGAL OBSTACLES preventing you from starting a unique business in Japan
- How to AVOID GETTING KILLED by the Japanese Mafia (the Yakuza) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw0l3qPjsCQ/
- How to BE A PRESENTER at over 90 chambers of commerce
- How NOT TO STRANGLE your Japanese business partners who are trying to shake you down for money
- How NOT TO PISS OFF the three Tokyo Bar Associations
- How to WITHSTAND 70 hours of interrogations by the Special Section of the Tokyo Prosecutors Office
- How to COPE with solitary confinement at the Tokyo County Jail until you confess
- How to DEAL with the Japanese criminal justice system and forced confessions
- How NOT TO HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN when forced to close up a successful business after 12 years
- How to SURVIVE a white collar criminal ordeal that teaches us many wonderful lessons about life and love
Believe me when I say that I love Japan and the Japanese people. With that said, I promise you one thing -- this book will open your eyes in many positive and thoughtful ways about Japan and the people with whom I have had a fascination for over thirty years!
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.42(d)|
About the Author
Steven Gan has been a life long Japanophile. During his fifteen years in Japan, he was the founder and president of Advance & Associates Co., Ltd. in Tokyo from 1992 – 2004, the first foreign owned debt collection agency in the country.
Through numerous articles, publications, presentations, and television appearances, he greatly deepened the awareness and understanding of the importance of sound credit risk management throughout Japan.
Steven wrote the book titled, “The Blue Eyed Debt Collector, His Struggle” (Japanese only) published by the number two publisher in Japan, Shogakkan.
His unique ability to break into Japanese culture and society, especially with a line of business that was often associated with the Japanese Mafia (the Yakuza), produced tremendous experiences and great success. Unfortunately, his line of business also challenged the legal system, and the system fought back hard.
Steven returned to the U.S. in 2005 and established Stellar Risk Management Services, Inc., a credit risk management consultancy. He helps a wide range of companies to increase their cash flow and minimize the risk of selling on credit.
Steven continues to be a prolific writer in all areas of credit risk management and debt collection, as well as a speaker at many international credit and collection conferences.