Paper is incredible stuff. It's easy to cut, but incredibly strong. It's disposable, but can last for centuries. It can stand as stiff as a board, pop up like a spring, or float like a leaf. And its invention changed the world forever.
Perfect for kids, parents, and educators, Paper Inventions is a project-based book with full color illustrations, step-by-step instructions, supply lists, and templates that allow you to follow along with the book or devise something entirely new. Each chapter features new projects that will challenge and intrigue everyone, from beginning to experienced Makers.
In this book, you'll learn to make:
- A light-up paper cat that shows how switches and sensors work
- An action origami robot worm
- Edible rice paper perfect for secret messages
- A space rover that moves thanks to paper machinery
- A paper generator that creates electricity when you tap or rub it
- Heat-activated paper models that fold themselves
- A geodesic dome big enough to crawl intofrom newspaper!
|Publisher:||Maker Media, Inc|
|Product dimensions:||7.80(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Kathy Ceceri is the author of activity books for kids and families, including Robotics: Discover the Science and Technology of the Future. She helped create the Geek-Mom blog and the book Geek Mom: Projects, Tips, and Adventures for Moms and Their 21st-Century Families and contributed more than a dozen projects to the Geek Dad series of books. Formerly the Homeschooling Expert at About.com, Kathy presents robots and STEAM programs at schools, museums, libraries, and Maker Faires around the country. She lives with her family in Upstate New York.