- Interact with your Mac using Multi-Touch gestures
- View your system from Mission Control
- Connect to the Internet and explore with Safari
- Video chat with FaceTime
- Stay in touch and on schedule with Mail, Address Book, iCal, and iChat
- Browse and download content from the Mac App Store
- Access your apps from Launchpad and view them full-screen
- Use iWork for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Stay entertained with QuickTime, iPhoto, iTunes, and iMovie
- Sync data with your iPod, iPad, or iPhone
- Set up a wired or wireless network
- Connect external devices via USB and FireWire
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and back up your Mac
Dwight Spivey is a product manager for Konica Minolta. He has worked with the Mac since 1996, is a member of the Apple Developer Connection, and stays up to date on all Mac technical issues. Dwight is the author of iPhone & iPod touch QuickSteps and many other Mac-related titles.
About the Author
Table of ContentsPart I: Get Started with Your Mac
Chapter 1. Welcome to the World of Mac!
Chapter 2. First Things First: Getting to Know Your Mac
Chapter 3. Cruisin': Navigating Your Mac
Chapter 4. Stylin' and Profilin'! Customizing Your Mac
Chapter 5. Getting Started on the Internet
Part II: Making Your Mac Earn Its Keep
Chapter 6. How to Use Your Mac's Applications
Chapter 7. I Work, You Work, We All Work with iWork
Chapter 8. Start the Presses! Printing and Faxing Your Documents
Chapter 9. Connected and Organized: Two Things Most of Us Are Not!
Part III: Pictures, Music, and Movies, Oh My!
Chapter 10. The Quick and the Time: QuickTime
Chapter 11. Say Cheese! Managing Your Photos with iPhoto
Chapter 12. Well, Turn It Up, Man! Get in Tune with iTunes
Chapter 13. iLights! iCamera! iAction!: Using iMovie
Part IV: Time to Geek Out! Digging Deeper into Your Mac
Chapter 14. Making Sense of the System Preferences
Chapter 15. Making Your Mac Play Pretty with Other Computers: Networking and Sharing
Chapter 16. Deeper into the Internet Jungle with Safari
Chapter 17. Mail Call!
Part V: Making Your Mac Even Better: Adding Microsoft Windows and Hardware
Chapter 18. ATTENTION! Welcome to Boot Camp, Private!
Chapter 19. It's Alive! Adding Hardware to Your Mac(enstein)
Part VI: Troubleshooting and Getting Further Help When You Need It
Chapter 20. What the Heck Just Happened?
Chapter 21. Helpful Resources for Your Mac
Part VII: Change the Silicon Every Three Thousand Miles: Maintaining Your Mac
Chapter 22. Keeping the Engine Tuned
Chapter 23. Getting Under the Hood
Chapter 24. Back'er Up: Using Time Machine