Little Santa loves the North Pole. The rest of his family? Not so much. So, when they decide to move to Florida, Santa is miserable. Lucky for him, a blizzard foils their plans. The only way out of the house is up the chimney. Up goes Santa, to look for help, and along the way, he meets a reindeer and a large group of elves, who are more than eager to join in the rescue!
With the sly humor of Jon Klassen and the read-aloud pleasure of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, this tale of Santa’s beginnings is perfect for every kid’s holiday library.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
What People are Saying About This
Praise for Little Santa:
An ALA Notable Book
A Booklist Editors' Choice Book
• "Agee’s lighthearted tone, sly jokes, and signature simple shapes . . . capture a joyful kid sharing his sense of wonder."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
• "Make it a tradition!"—Booklist, starred review
• "His red suit and his smile make little Santa stand out in his glum family, and this amusing story stands out in a similar way as a cheerful, original Christmas tale."—Kirkus, starred review
• "Crisp storytelling, bold lines, and expert page turns make the book ideal for group sharing—and kids will be asking for it all year round."—Horn Book, starred review
• "The matter-of-fact style of the narrative pairs well with Agee’s signature humorous cartoon illustrations. No doubt this amusing explanation of Santa’s humble beginnings will be enthusiastically received at holiday storytimes."—School Library Journal, starred review