Industry X.0 takes an insightful look at the business impact of the Internet of Things movement on the industrial sphere. Eric Schaeffer combines deep analysis with practical strategic guidance, and offers tangible and actionable recommendations on how to realise value in the current digital age. Based on extensive research and insights into the six core competencies that have been identified by Accenture, Industry X.0 explores critical aspects of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), discussing and defining them in an engaging and accessible manner. These include managing smart data, handling digital product development, skilling up the workforce, mastering innovation, making the most of platforms and ecosystems, and much more.
Meticulously researched and clearly explained, Industry X.0 makes a stringent case for companies to actively shift mind-sets away from products, towards services, value and outcomes. Complemented by a wealth of case studies and real world examples, this book provides invaluable, practical 'how-to' advice for business organizations as they embark on their journeys into the era of the IIoT.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd.|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||4 MB|
About the Author
Eric Schaeffer leads, as a Senior Managing Director, Accenture's Product Industry X.0 practice, bringing together services across innovation, engineering and product development, manufacturing and digital operations, and product services optimization. He is also the Global Lead for Accenture's Industrial practice, helping automotive, industrial equipment and infrastructure companies to digitally reinvent their businesses and create a new level of innovation and efficiency across the extended connected value chain.
Table of Contents
- Section - ONE: The Industrial Internet of Things Transforms Manufacturing Beyond Recognition;
- Chapter - 01: Finding a Way Forward - How Manufacturers can Make the Most of the Industrial Internet of Things;
- Chapter - 02: A New Loot at IIoT - Creating the 'Outcome Economy';
- Chapter - 03: Digital Super Value;
- Section - TWO: How to Make the Most of Industrial Digital Transformation;
- Chapter - 04: Six 'No Regrets' - The Journey towards Digital, Mapped Out Simply;
- Chapter - 05: Zoom In - How to Get Smart Data in Manufacturing;
- Chapter - 06: Zoom In - How to Handle Digital Product Development;
- Chapter - 07: Zoom In - How to Up-Skill the Workforce for the Era of IIoT;
- Chapter - 08: Zoom In - How to Master Innovation in the New - An Empirical Approach;
- Chapter - 09: How to Make the Most of Platform and Eco-System;
- Section - THREE: A Visionary Outlook - The Digital Enterprise in 2030