|Publisher:||State University of New York Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||381 KB|
About the Author
David Long is Associate Professor at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs at Carleton University. He is the coeditor (with Lucian M. Ashworth) of New Perspectives on International Functionalism.
Brian C. Schmidt is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Carleton University and author of The Political Discourse of Anarchy: A Disciplinary History of International Relations, also published by SUNY Press.
Table of Contents
David Long and Brian C. Schmidt
1. Francis Lieber, Imperialism, and Internationalism
2. Paul S. Reinsch and the Study of Imperialism and Internationalism
Brian C. Schmidt
3. Paternalism and the Internationalization of Imperialism: J. A. Hobson on the International Government of the "Lower Races"
4. "A Liberal in a Muddle": Alfred Zimmern on Nationality, Internationality, and Commonwealth
5. Fabian Paternalism and Radical Dissent: Leonard Woolf's Theory of Economic Imperialism
6. Internationalism and the Promise of Science
7. Birth of a Discipline
SUNY Series in Global Politics