Imago Relationship Therapy: Perspectives on Theory / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
About the Author
Mo Therese Hannah is associate professor of psychology at Siena College in Latham, New York, and managing editor of the Journal of Imago Relationship Therapy.
Wade Luquet is associate professor of sociology at Gwynedd-Mercy College in Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania, and a coeditor of the Journal of Imago Relationship Therapy.
Table of ContentsForeword: My View of Imago (Randall C. Mason, Ph.D.).
Introduction: A Theory of Relationality (Wade Luquet, Ph.D.).
Part One: Perspectives of the Founders.
1. The Evolution of Imago Relationship Therapy: A Personal and Professional Journey (Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.).
2. Relationship as a Living Laboratory (Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D.).
3. Conscious Marriage as Covenant (Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D.).
Part Two: Perspectives on Comparisons with Other Models.
4. Family Systems Theory and Imago Therapy: A Theoretical Interpretation (Randy Gerson, Ph.D.).
5. An Exploration of Imago Relationship Therapy and Affect Theory (Joseph Zielinski, Ph.D.).
6. Relationship Knowing: Imago and Object Relations (Stephen R. Plumlee, M.Div., Ph.D.).
7. Contemporary Psychoanalytic Relational Theories and Imago: Concepts for Relational Healing (Mona R. Barbera, Ph.D.).
Part Three: Perspectives on Clinical Theory.
8. Imago, Relationships, and Empathy (Randall C. Mason, Ph.D.).
9. Imago, Relationships, and Empathy: A Response to Mason (Ted Smith, D.Min.).
10. Imago: A Theory and Therapy of Connectivity (Randall C. Mason, Ph.D.).
11. The Relationship Nightmare as an Expression of Disconnection (Randall C. Mason, Ph.D., Margaret Mason, Ph.D., and Mo Therese Hannah, Ph.D.).
12. Envy’s Manifestation in Individuals and Couples: Implications for Imago Therapy (Bernard J. Baca, Ph.D.).
13. The Conscious Self in a Creational Paradigm (Sophie Slade, Ph.D.).
About the Editors.
About the Contributors.
What People are Saying About This
"A uniquely important book for the practitioner, which provides clinical wisdom and a rare look into the heart and soul of Imago Relationship Therapy." Pat Love, author, The Truth About Love
"Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT) is a major contemporary approach to helping couples in trouble, and in this book Therapy Harville Hendrix and his collaborators show us why. An intriguing and important contribution, the book describes the evolution of IRT principles and practice, clarifying both its theoretical and applied potential. These eminently practical essays, by an impressive panel of contributors, will expand the thinking of novice and seasoned practitioners alike." Jeffrey K. Zeig, director, The Milton H. Erickson Foundation
"Some of the very best thinkers and clinicians offer their insights into the importance of relationship. The book will help one to become a more effective therapist and a better partner! Well worth reading for anyone involved in the helping professions." Jon Carlson, distinguished professor, Governors State University