The only diploma program biology resource developed with the IB to accurately match the new 2014 syllabus for both SL and HL. This revised edition gives you unparallelled support for the new concept-based approach to learning: the Nature of science. Understanding, applications and skills are integrated in every topic, alongside TOK links and real-world connections to drive inquiry and independent learning. Assessment support directly from the IB, includes practice questions and worked examples in each topic, along with focused support for both the Internal Assessment and Extended Essay. Truly aligned with the IB philosophy, this course book gives unrivalled insight and support at every stage.
· Written by co-authors of the new syllabus and leading IB workshop leaders
· Accurately cover the new syllabus - the most comprehensive match, with support directly from the IB on the core, AHL and all the options
· Fully integrate the new concept-based approach, holistically addressing understanding, applications, skills and the Nature of science
· Tangibly build assessment potential with assessment support straight from the IB
· Develop confidence - data-based questions and focused practice support exceptional achievement
· Supported by a fully comprehensive and updated Study Guide
About the Series:
IB Diploma Course Books are essential resource materials designed in cooperation with the IB to provide students with extra support through their IB studies. Course Books provide advice and guidance on specific course assessment requirements, mirroring the IB philosophy and providing opportunities for critical thinking.
About the Author
Andrew Allott was an IB Diploma student in 1974. He has since acted as an IB Advisor and worked extensively on IB curriculum review. He is currently Head of Biology at Shrewsbury School, UK.
David Mindorff is an IB Coordinator and Head of Academics at Lyford Cay International School, Bahamas.