This hands-on guide shows you how to maximize the powerful Android superphone and its integrated phone, email, and web access functionality. How to Do Everything: Nexus One covers all the revolutionary capabilities, including voice recognition and the 5 megapixel camera, as well as built-in Google services like Google Voice, Gmail, Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, and Google Earth. Get tips for customizing your device, managing contracts, texting, shooting video, downloading apps, playing music, and much more. This one-stop resource covers it all!
- Take advantage of all Nexus One and Android apps
- Connect to data and voice networks, including Google Voice
- Make calls and send text and multimedia messages
- Master the hardware and software controls, including voice recognition
- Design your home screen and get apps
- Load and manage contacts
- Use Gmail and email, set up accounts, and chat with Google Talk
- Browse the web with Google Chrome
- Get spoken turn-by-turn directions with Google Maps Navigation
- Snap photos and capture videos
- Load and play music
About the Author
Bud Smith has written more than 15 technology books, selling more than one million copies. He has worked for Apple, IBM, Microsoft, and AltaVista, and helped to develop and market QuickTime software, GPS devices and software, numerious Web services, and portable computer hardware for the blind.