Roast Turkey and Gravy. Baked Ham with Maple Glaze. Traditional Apple Pie. Death-by-Chocolate Torte. Holidays are when you pull out all the stops, and with How to Cook Everything: Holiday Cooking, you can make your special feast or buffet spread without stress.
Mark Bittman, the award-winning author of the bestselling kitchen classic How to Cook Everything, shares his favorite simple-and infinitely flexible-holiday recipes. You'll be able to cook for big feasts and parties from Thanksgiving to New Year's and for other holiday gatherings all year-round. To inspire you and help you plan your meals, you'll find Bittman's straight talk on cooking and special features, including:
* Creative recipe variations and ideas
* Tips for shopping, preparing, and cooking the recipes
* Illustrations to demystify trickier techniques
* Menu suggestions for a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner, a Tree-Trimming Party, an Easter Feast, and more
* At-a-glance icons highlighting recipes that can be made ahead
|Sold by:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|File size:||4 MB|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
About This Book.
What to Know About Holiday Cooking.
1. Hors D’Oeuvres.
2. Salads and Soups.
6. Side Dishes.
7. Breads, Pies, Cookies, Cakes.
8. Desserts and Drinks.
Dishes That Can Be Made Ahead.
Conversions, Substitutions, and Helpful Hints.