Government in America: People, Politics, and Policy, Brief Edition / Edition 11 available in Paperback
Updated in a new 11th edition, Government in America: People, Politics, and Policy, illustrates the impact that government has on the daily lives of each and every American, particularly its effect on students. Designed around the theme that “politics matters,” this descriptive text emphasizes public policy — what government actually does. It contains recent political developments and policy on the global economic recession and addresses President Barack Obama’s impact on our current government.
The brief edition is a streamlined version of this bestseller.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Government in America.
2. The Constitution.
4. Civil Liberties and Public Policy.
5. Civil Rights and Public Policy.
6. Public Opinion and Political Action.
7. The Mass Media and the Political Agenda.
8. Political Parties.
9. Campaigns and Voting Behavior.
10. Interest Groups.
12. The Presidency.
13. The Federal Bureaucracy.
14. The Federal Courts.
15. Congress, the President, and the Budget: The Politics of Taxing and Spending.
16. Social Welfare Policymaking.
17. National Security Policy Making.