Global Environmental Politics / Edition 7 available in Paperback
About the Author
Pamela S. Chasek is professor of political science at Manhattan College. She is the executive editor of the Earth Negotiations Bulletin as well as the author and editor of several books and numerous articles on international environmental policy, including The Roads from Rio, The Global Environment in the 21st Century, and Earth Negotiations.
David L. Downie teaches classes in the Department of Politics and the Environmental Studies Program at Fairfield University. He has attended nearly one hundred global environmental negotiations since 1990 and is the author of numerous publications on the creation and content of international environmental policy.
Janet Welsh Brown is a former policy analyst at the World Resources Institute, former executive director of the Environmental Defense Fund, and a former member and chair of the board of directors of Friends of the Earth.
Table of Contents
Introduction [Gabriela Kütting and Kyle Herman]
1. International Relations Theory and the Environment [John Vogler]
2. Transnational Actors in Global Environmental Politics [Lucy Ford]
3. Global Political Economy and Development [Thomas Hickmann and Markus Lederer]
4. Environmental Security [Hannah Hughes]
5. Sustainable Consumption [Doris Fuchs]
6. International Environmental and Ecological Justice [Tim Ehresman and Dimitris Stevis]
7. Climate Change: Science, international cooperation and global environmental politics [Paul G. Harris]
8. As China Goes, So Goes the Planet: The Environmental Implications of the Rise of China [Judith Shapiro]
9. The Role of Technology in the Global Environment [Kyle S. Herman]
10. The Politics of Energy and the environment: bridging the divide [Maria Julia Trombetta]
11. Endangered Species, Biodiversity and the Politics of Conservation [Alice B. M. Vadrot]
12. The Global Politics of Food System Sustainability [Wendy Godek]
13. Forest Politics, Neoliberalism and the Limits of International Environmental Policy [David Humphries]