Scalloped edges provide rich detail while giant scale and bold, bright colors turn the classic Dresden Plate fresh and modern.
This quilted Christmas tree skirt pattern includes:
- fabric selection guidelines
- material requirements for the quilt top using one yard cuts, half yard cuts, or fat quarters
- material requirements for backing, batting, and binding
- cutting instructions to use your fabric as efficiently as possible
- a template to cut your Dresden Plate petals + instructions to draft your own
- Dresden Plate piecing instructions
- details instructions on how to piece your backing efficently
- detailed instructions on how to baste a circle
- quilting suggestions
- detailed step-by-step instructions on how to bind the scalloped edges including how to make bias binding, how to attach it to the top by machine, how to sew it to the back by hand, and how best to handle those tight inside corners
This pattern assumes you are already comfortable with your sewing machine and is suitable for beginner quilters.