Future 2 Student Book with App / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education ESL
Since it was first published, Future has helped over half a million students learn English and achieve
their personal, career, and educational goals. Now in its second edition, this effective six-level
program continues to address the diverse needs of adult learners, equipping them with transferrable
academic, workplace, and English communication skills.
Future, Second Edition supports the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) goals
and helps students develop the skills outlined in the College and Career Readiness Standards and
the English Language Proficiency Standards.
New to this edition
• Updated content exposes students to language and concepts used in workplace, school, and
• More workplace vocabulary and skills, and functional language prepare learners for career success.
• New content-rich readings with level-appropriate text complexity build content knowledge,
introduce academic vocabulary, and require learners to analyze text and cite evidence to extend
• New writing lessons focus on analyzing models, brainstorming, organizing ideas, and synthesizing
unit learning into well-organized writing outcomes.
• New Soft Skills at Work lessons help learners develop essential social and cultural skills, critical to
career advancement and success.
• Increased rigor built into all lessons at every level challenges learners to analyze, evaluate, predict,
infer, and problem-solve.
• Enhanced unit goals and lesson objectives ensure learners track and reflect on their own progress.
• Latest digital tools help develop students’ digital skills.
• Research-based teaching strategies provide creative solutions for all stages of lesson planning and
• Comprehensive digital and print resources for teachers enhance classroom instruction and simplify
• Correlations to standards guide and support teachers in aligning their instruction with current standards.
• Mapped to the Global Scale of English
|Publisher:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Edition description:||2nd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents
To the Teacher
Scope and Sequence
About the Series Consultants and Authors
PRE-UNIT Getting Started
UNIT 1 Making Connections
UNIT 2 All in the Family
UNIT 3 Lots to Do
UNIT 4 Small Talk
UNIT 5 At Home
UNIT 6 In the Past
UNIT 7 Health Watch
UNIT 8 Job Hunting
UNIT 9 Parents and Children
UNIT 10 Let’s Eat!
UNIT 11 Call 911!
UNIT 12 The World of Work
Soft Skills Log
Map of the World
Map of the United States and Canada