Foundations of Molecular Structure Determination / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Oxford University Press
35.95 In Stock
Part of the renowned Oxford Chemistry Primers series, Foundations of Molecular Structure Determination covers a range of common spectroscopic and diffraction methods alongside frequent worked examples and problem questions to assist beginning undergraduates in developing their skills in structure analysis. Furthermore, the practical application of these techniques is emphasized, especially to biological and medical systems.
About the Author
Simon Duckett is Director of the Centre for Hyperpolarisation in Magnetic Resonance at the University of York.
Bruce Gilbert is Emeritus Professor at the University of York.
Martin Cockett is Senior Lecturer at the University of York.
Table of Contents
1. Overview, energy levels and the electromagnetic spectrum
2. Rotational and vibrational spectroscopy
3. Electronic (ultraviolet-visible) absorption spectroscopy
4. Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
5. Mass spectrometry
6. X-ray diffraction and related methods