Did you know that:
• Great Danes did not originate in Denmark.
• Chihuahuas were used in religious rituals by the Aztecs in Mexico.
• Poodles were originally water retrievers and truffle hunters.
• Pomeranians are miniature descendants of sled dogs from Iceland and Lapland.
• Dogs mentioned in the Bible are very similar to today's Salikis.
Animal illustrator John Green and writer Soren Robertson have teamed up to create a unique coloring book that reveals many fascinating facts about humanity's "best friend." Here are 42 popular breeds — dachshund, beagle, collie, cocker spaniel, St. Bernard, greyhound, poodle, German shepherd, and more — all rendered in superb line drawings. Each breed's average height and weight, standard coloring, general characteristics, and historical origins are described in concise captions; a helpful glossary defines hair-color terms. While showing how dogs serve humanity as hunters, racers, workers, beginning with the first wolf-like dogs who hunted 50,000 years ago.
Table of Contents
German Shorthaired Pointer
Old English Sheepdog
Wire Fox Terrier
Scottish Terrier and West Highland White Terrier
Pomeranian and Chihuahua
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel