Fashion Marketing & Merchandising / Edition 5 available in Paperback
Fashion Marketing & Merchandising motivates students to examine the business aspects of the fashion world and the career opportunities it offers. Students learn about the entire textile/apparel/retail soft goods chain, its economic fundamentals, and strategies for retail success. The text
- Describes new retail trends, including showrooming and omni-channel retailing with the latest Internet, mobile, and social media strategies.
- Reports the latest advances in textiles, manufacturing, mass customization, and niche specialization.
- Discusses the greater emphasis on ethics, social responsibility, environmental sustainability, and data security.
- Reports successful fashion merchandising activities that satisfy the changing consumer market.
- Explains computer technologies such as robotic manufacturing, automatic merchandise replenishment, radio frequency identification (RFID), and Internet retailing.
- Examines fashion industry globalization and business consolidation.
- Discusses how to prepare for career opportunities in fashion, including entrepreneurship.
- Identifies industry trade groups and publications that help students gain added knowledge now and contacts in their professional careers.