Exploring The Dimensions Of Human Sexuality / Edition 5 available in Paperback
Each new copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data.
Fully revised and updated with the latest statistics and developments in the field, the Sixth Edition of Exploring the Dimensions of Human Sexuality presents all aspects of human sexuality and explores how it affects personality, development, and decision making. Using a student-friendly interpersonal approach, the text discusses contemporary concepts as well as controversial topics in a sensitive manner, and covers the physiological, biological, psychological, spiritual, and cultural dimensions of human sexuality. Exploring the Dimensions of Human Sexuality is an essential text for teaching sexuality and provides an integrated view of human sexuality that encourages students to pursue positive decisions, sexual health, and a lifetime of wellness.
• 4 NEW CHAPTERS - Sections on unexpected pregnancy outcomes, body image, alternative sexual behavior, and HIV and AIDS are now expanded into new chapters.
• NEW - New section on the recently FDA approved drug Addyi which is used to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorders in woman
• UPDATED THROUGHOUT - Extensively updated to highlight the latest information and statistics related to Human Sexuality
• BOXED FEATURES highlight five distinct topics covered in each chapter: Multicultural Dimensions, Global Dimensions, Gender Dimensions, Communication Dimensions, and Ethical Dimensions
• Myth vs Fact Boxes enhance student understanding of key concepts by giving student the facts and dispelling myths.
|Publisher:||Jones & Bartlett Learning|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
Professor Emeritus, University of Maryland
Dean Emeritus, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Professor Emeritus, Birmingham-Southern College
Associate Professor, University of Texas at San Antonio
Table of Contents
Chapter1 Introducing the Dimensions of Human Sexuality Chapter2 Sexuality Research Chapter3 Sexual Communication Chapter4 Female Sexual Anatomy and Physiology Chapter5 Male Sexual Anatomy and Physiology Chapter6 Sexual Response and Arousal Chapter7 Contraception Chapter8 Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth Chapter9 Unexpected Pregnancy Outcomes Chapter10 Gender Dimensions Chapter11 Body Image Chapter12 Sexual Orientation, Identity, and Expression Chapter13 Sexuality in Childhood and Adolescence Chapter14 Sexuality in Adulthood Chapter15 Sexual Techniques and Behavior Chapter16 Alternative Sexual Behavior Chapter17 Forcible Sexual Behaviors Chapter18 Sexually Transmitted Infections Chapter19 HIV and AIDS Chapter20 Sexual Dysfunction and Therapy Chapter21 Sexual Consumerism Chapter22 Sexual Ethics, Morality, and the Law