Evidence-Based Treatment Planning for Anger Control Problems DVD / Edition 1 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
Improve the Quality of Mental Health Care
This DVD helps address the challenges many practitioners face in assimilating results from psychotherapy research into their treatment plans. It offers step-by-step guidance on how to create an evidence-based psychotherapy treatment plan foranger control problems. In a viewer-friendly manner, Drs. Art Jongsma and Tim Bruce discuss the steps involved in psychotherapy treatment planning and how to integrate objectives and interventions into a treatment planas part of an overall evidence-based practice. A sample evidence-based treatment plan foranger control problems is provided. The companion workbook contains an optional 10-question test that can be submitted for Continuing Education Credit.
In this DVD, Drs. Jongsma and Bruce:
- Discuss the conceptualization of anger and anger control problems
- Describe the essential elements of psychotherapy treatment planning
- Provide a brief history of efforts to identify empirically supported treatments (ESTs)
- Describe identified ESTs foranger control problems
- Demonstrate how to empirically inform a psychotherapy treatment planwith objectives and interventions consistent with those of identified ESTs foranger control problems
- Show and discuss role-played scenarios that demonstrate selected aspects of the ESTs
- Discuss common considerations in relapse prevention and show how they can be integrated into a psychotherapy treatment plan
- Playable on a set top DVD player or a computer with a DVD-ROM drive, at least 512 MB system RAM, and a software DVD decoder
- PC requires Windows 2000 or higher; Mac requires OS9 or higher
- Sound card and speakers required to listen to audio
Approximate run time: 1:08
For more information on our full line of Evidence-Based Treatment Planning DVDs, visit us on the Web at wiley.com/psychology
|Series:||Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Treatment Planning Video Series , #9|
|Product dimensions:||5.30(w) x 7.50(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
ARTHUR E. JONGSMA, Jr., PhD, is the Series Editor for the best-selling PracticePlanners®. Since 1971, he has provided professional mental health services to both inpatient and outpatient clients. He was the founder and Director of Psychological Consultants, a group private practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan, for 25 years. He is the author or co-author of over forty books on Treatment Planning and has conducted training workshops for mental health professionals around the world.
TIMOTHY J. BRUCE, PhD, is Professor and Associate Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria, Illinois, where he also directs medical student education. He is Executive Director of the Center for Evidence-based Mental Health Practices, a state- and federally funded initiative to disseminate evidence-based psychological and pharmacological practices across Illinois.