Key features of this Japanese phrasebook and dictionary include:
- Over 1,500 practical phrases for everyday use
- An English to Japanese dictionary with over 2,000 terms and expressions
- Essential expressions used for meeting people, starting conversations, and asking and replying to simple questions
- Manga illustrations to illustrate critical phrases and situations
- A pronunciation guide and Japanese grammar notes explain the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the Japanese language
- The latest Japanese vocabulary and phrases for smartphones, social media and more
- Japan travel tips, cultural notes and much more!
All words and phrases are in Romanized form as well as the Japanese script. Basic Japanese grammar and pronunciation notes get you speaking right away, and tips on culture and etiquette allow you to interact in Japanese without making serious blunders.
Whether you're a novice or have some experience with the language, this is a reference you'll turn to again and again when visiting Japan and interacting with Japanese people.
About the Author
The Tuttle Publishing Company was established in 1948 in Rutland, Vermont and Tokyo, Japan and is today regarded as a premier publisher and seller of books rooted in Asian culture, language and history.
Since its founding in 1948, Tuttle has published more than 6,000 books and today maintains an active backlist of around 2,000 titles.
Today, Tuttle publishes 150 new titles each year focusing on Asian languages, Asian food & cooking, gardening & flower arranging, crafts & origami, children's books, martial arts, Asian literature, games & graphic novels, Asian history & culture, health & fitness, self-help & Eastern religion, Asian art & collectibles, interior design & architecture, travel guides, maps, and business books.
Tuttle products are available in printed formats as well as popular eBook formats.