Travel back in time to the Stone Age in this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that people in the Stone Age used fire to protect themselves from wolves and bears? Or that they called axes “thunderstones”? Find out why!
Perfect for young readers who want a highly visual history book to increase their Stone Age knowledge, DK findout! Stone Age is sure to inspire the next amazing school project or history report. Inside, author Klint Janulis breaks down what the Stone Age is and why it’s so important.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Discover how early humans hunted woolly mammoths, tamed wolves, and made fire
- Learn what Stone Age people wore and where they lived around the world
- Read about what foods they ate and which poisonous plants they had to avoid
- See how they crafted stone tools, such as hand axes and hammer stones
- Spend a day in the life of a Stone-Age family as they build a shelter and go on a hunt
- Take a look into the Iron Age, the Bronze Age, and the Ice Ages
- Hear about archaeological digs and studying Neanderthals from expert Dr. Beccy Scott
- Fold out the cover for a Stone Age quiz, timeline, and map of Stone Age sites
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about history—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
About the Author
Author Klint Janulis is an archaeologist expert in prehistory and experimental survival techniques. His background includes experience as a former enlisted US Special Forces soldier, combat medic, and survival instructor with a background in palaeoanthropology. He is applying his experience to archaeology to better understand the mind, technology, and hunting practices of prehistoric humans.
Consultant James Dilley is an experimental archaeologist and specialist in European Prehistory at the University of Southampton.
Trusted by parents, teachers, librarians, and kids across the world, DK is an award-winning publisher of visual reference books for children, including the DK Eyewitness Books, DK findout!, and Maker Lab series. DK books combine clear photography and illustration with expert text to show you what others only tell you.