Please visit delphiclassics.com to browse through our vast range of titles.
* ALL 15 plays, even the very rare ones often missed out of collections
* ALL 211 short stories available for the first time in an eBook! Even rare stories like 'Rapture' - Chekhov's first ever piece of fiction and available nowhere else as a digital book
* the short stories have BOTH chronological and alphabetical contents tables - find that classic story easily!
* Even the rare novella The Shooting Party - available nowhere else as a digital book
* the COMPLETE letters
* many images related to Chekhov, his works and the places he lived in
* Chekhov's Note-Book revealing a rare insight into the great writer's work
* includes Chekhov's first and mostly unknown play 'Platonov' - available nowhere else in digital format
* also contains the very rare play 'The Wood Demon', which later served to inspire Chekhov to write 'Uncle Vanya'. This rare early play is available now for the first time in digital format.
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* UPDATED with the corrected text of the novel THE SHOOTING PARTY.
The Short Stories
CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF 211 SHORT STORIES
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF 211 SHORT STORIES
ON THE HIGH ROAD
ON THE HARMFULNESS OF TOBACCO
A RELUCTANT HERO
THE WOOD DEMON
THE THREE SISTERS
THE CHERRY ORCHARD
THE SHOOTING PARTY
AN ANONYMOUS STORY
THE COMPLETE LETTERS
NOTE-BOOK OF ANTON CHEKHOV
About the Author
Anton Chekhov (1860-1904) was a Russian author of plays and short stories. Although Chekhov became a physician and once considered medicine his primary career, he gained fame and esteem through writing, ultimately producing a number of well-known plays, including The Seagull and Uncle Vanya, and a large body of innovative short stories that influenced the evolution of the form.