22.99 In Stock
A complete guide to cricket for players and fans alike Whether you're a budding player or aspiring armchair expert, Cricket For Dummies helps you get to grips with this fascinating sport. Completely revised and updated for the first back-to-back Ashes series in 38 years, this hands-on guide gives you clear explanations of the cricket's laws, step-by-step explanations of techniques and tactics, and exciting coverage of the tournaments, global rivalries, and great players.
- Fully revised and updated to chronicle the rise of twenty20 cricket and the IPL, the implementation of DRS, and the changing face of the game
- Covers cricket basics—the pitch, the laws, the equipment and more
- Provides an in-depth look at cricket formats
- Offers a guide to building cricket skills—bowling, batting, and fielding
- Includes coverage of the best players and the biggest tournaments throughout the world
About the Author
Julian Knight is a journalist currently working as an editor at the Independent on Sunday. He was a reporter at BBC News, contributing to the BBC News website and Radio Five Live. A former youth coach and captain at Blackheath Cricket Club, he has played for several clubs in London and the north-west of England.