"Although the book is geared toward lawyers, executives, and compliance professionals, all employees, employers, managers, and business owners would benefit from familiarity with the basic compliance and business principles outlined in the book. This book would also be very useful in a classroom setting. It is a well written, easy read that provides an overview of compliance management." - Milwaukee Bar Association Messenger
This practical guide shows how to build an effective compliance and ethics program that will lower a business's risks and improve productivity.
Research increasingly supports the notion that ethical, compliant businesses see increased productivity across a range of measurements. This practical guide tells business professionals, business and law students, and other interested parties exactly how that goal can be achieved. The book covers an extensive range of ethics-compliant laws and regulations impacting businesses today and identifies critical factors for successful compliance programs. Going well beyond works that speak in general terms about compliance-based actions, this unique volume delves into details about specific regulatory issues and the steps that can be taken to mitigate risk.
The first half of the book shares general guidelines for creating or improving internal compliance and ethics programs. The second half identifies specific, high-risk regulatory areas; provides an overview of relevant laws; and sets forth best practices specific to the regulations discussed. By providing a simplified understanding of compliance with laws related to issues such as antitrust, international business, wages and labor, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and health care, the environment and more, the guide offers readers the tools necessary to improve an existing compliance program or create a new program where none has existed before.
• Offers a step-by-step guide to creating and managing an effective compliance program
• Showcases the latest best practices in a world of ever-changing regulations
• Identifies the importance of developing and maintaining a corporate culture of "doing the right thing" and shows how ethical training can improve compliance
• Features interviews with and best practices from top compliance executives, judges, Department of Justice attorneys, and Archer Daniels Midland informant Mark Whitacre
• Provides easy-to-understand overviews and recommendations for complying with specific laws
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.40(w) x 9.30(h) x 0.90(d)|