The Complete Book of Baby Names: The Most Names (100,001+), Most Unique Names, Most Idea-Generating Lists (600+) and the Most Help to Find the Perfect Name
"If you've got an occasion to bestow a name, and you're looking for the widest possible range of choices,
you can't go wrong by bringing home a copy of The Complete Book of Baby Names."
Every year, hundreds of thousands of expectant parents turn to The Complete Book of Baby Namesas their essential, indispensable guide to choosing the best name for their child. Helpful and full of creative inspiration, this #1 bestseller gives you all the best ways to find your favorites and decide on the perfect fit.
The Most Names, Most Lists, Most Help to Find the Best Name:
- More Names AND Richer Definitions
- The Most (600+) Creative Lists to Inspire You
- The Most Idea-Sparking Celebrity Baby Names
- The Most Popular-and Unique-Names
- The Newest Trends, Including What Makes the Perfect Name!
More than 600 Fun Lists to Help You Choose, Including:
- Intellectual, creative names from literature and the arts
- Strong, respected names from sports and politics
- Unique, under-the-radar names that hit the right notes
Packed full of more than 100,001 baby names with origins, variations, and richer definitions, The Complete Book of Baby Names makes choosing your baby's name a joyful act of love.
Everything You Need . . .
- The most up-to-date list of popular names - plus top twin names
- Selecting sibling names that make sense for your family
- Great gender-neutral names - plus the top 61 names
- Adding a middle name - or two!
- 18 essentials in choosing the perfect name . . .
- And what not to name your baby
- All the top baby boy and baby girl names!
- Plus all the best variations and nicknames
All You Need in One Complete Book!
MORE PRAISE FOR THE COMPLETE BOOK OF BABY NAMES:
"The Complete Book of Baby Names is a great resource if you are naming a baby, and, it's also an interesting read. Busy Girl has been using it to inform all her friends what their names mean.Most importantly, though, it covers what NOT to name your baby. I'll let you check that one out yourself."
"Since this is my third child, I've been through my share of baby name books, about 2 a pregnancy. This one I found as my favorite, not just the first few chapters but the list of names are wonderful and broken not just into boy and girl categories but lists of popular names by country, twin names and hordes of other lists. You'll be amazed, as I was."
"If you're going to choose one baby name book and get the most bang for your buck, this is a good one to go with. It's more complete and helpful than any other single book I've seen out there and short of turning it into an OED-style multi-volume set, I'm not sure there's much more the author Lesley Bolton could pack in."
"The Complete Book of Baby Names is so fun too. It isn't just a list of names - it is like a course in baby-naming! With chapters on baby-naming history, naming trends, the attributes of a perfect name, middles names, etc. as well as 276 fun name lists like popular names in different countries, and bizarre lists such as the names of models, First Ladies, Reality TV Stars and more, this book could keep me going until I deliver!"
"We've seen a lot of baby name books in our time, some good, and some not so good. This one's a good one...It has the big list, so that you can look up the definitions of the names that you're considering. But, it also teaches you how to pick a really great name for your little bundle of joy... So, if you just want definitions, this book's got those. If you just don't know what name you want, or if you're scared of choosing the wrong name, this book can help."