The CliffsTestPrep series offers full-length practice exams that simulate the real tests; proven test-taking strategies to increase your chances at doing well; and thorough review exercises to help fill in any knowledge gaps.
CliffsTestPrep TAKS can take you to a higher score on the new Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) Exam. Written by experts who have helped over a million test takers prepare for important exams, this guide shows you the most effective strategies and techniques from 30 years of successful preparation programs. Inside, you'll find
- Detailed reviews of the objectives of the four sections of the test: English language, mathematics, social studies, and science
- Plenty of analyses of sample problems
- Two full-length practice exams
- Analysis charts to help you spot your weaknesses
Although there is no substitute for working hard in your regular classes, doing all your homework assignments, and preparing properly for your exams and finals, this book can give you the extra edge in developing a study plan for successfully taking the TAKS. As you work your way through the book, you'll expand your knowledge of subjects such as
- Literary elements and techniques, and producing a composition for a specific purpose
- Properties and attributes of mathematical functions
- Geometric relationships and spatial reasoning
- The issues and events of American history, and how economic and social factors influenced them
- The nature of science and the organization of living systems
- The structures and properties of matter, motion, forces, and energy
With guidance from the CliffsTestPrep series, you'll feel at home in any standardized-test environment! (For additional help, be sure to visit the Test Prep Think Tank for free online resources.)
About the Author
JERRY BOBROW, Ph.D. was a national authority in the field of test preparation. His test-prep company, Bobrow Test Preparation Services, administered test preparation programs at over 25 California institutions.
Table of Contents
PART I: WORKING TOWARD SUCCESS.
Introduction to the English Language Arts Test.
Introduction to the Mathematics Test.
Introduction to the Social Studies Test.
Introduction to the Science Test.
PART II: PRACTICE TESTS.
Practice Test 1.
Practice Test 2.