The original CliffsNotes study guides offer a look into critical elements and ideas within classic works of literature. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
CliffsNotes on Divine Comedy: Inferno takes you deep inside Dante's vision of Hell, the first installment in his three-poem epic.
Following the spiritual journey of Dante and his guide Virgil, this expert study companion provides summaries, commentaries, and glossaries related to each canto within the poem. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Life and background of the poet and the poem
- Introduction to the poem's structure, allegory, symbols, and more
- Critical essays that explore deeper meanings within this challenging work
- A review section that tests your knowledge and suggests essay topics and practice projects
- A Resource Center full of books, translations, and Internet resources
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
About the Author
NIKKI MOUSTAKI holds an M.A. in English and American Literature from New York University and an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from Indiana.
A Fullbright scholar at the University of Vienna, JAMES L. ROBERTS was Professor Emeritus at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He taught extensively at major universities throughout the world.
Table of Contents
Life and Background of the Poet.
Introduction to the Poem.
CliffsNotes Resource Center.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews