* Reveals how to manage acute and emergency episodes of the disease
* Explains how to asthma-proof your home
* Addresses sports and exercise issues for children with asthma
* Discusses the special needs of toddlers and teens
* Features a series of vignettes about children with asthma
* Includes educational materials and resources, including community support
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.68(w) x 8.42(h) x 0.69(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPREFACE.
AUTHORSHIP AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS.
INTRODUCTION by C. Everett Koop, M.D., former U.S. Surgeon General.
l. When Your Child Has Asthma.
2. Diagnosing Asthma.
3. The Asthma-Allergy Connection.
4. Taking Control of Asthma.
5. Asthma Medicines.
6. Medicine the Right Way.
7. Asthma Day to Day.
8. Managing an Asthma Flare.
9. Asthma Emergencies.
10. Asthma and Your Family.
11. Asthma, Sports, and Exercise.
12. Infants and Toddlers with Asthma.
13. Teenagers with Asthma.
14. Asthma Away from Home.
15. Asthma in Your Community.
16. Asthma and the Health Care System.
GLOSSARY OF COMMON ASTHMA-RELATED TERMS.
What Is Asthma?
A Review of the Allergy-Asthma Connection.
Frequently Asked Questions about Asthma.
A Review of Asthma Medicines.
A Guide to Using Spacers.
A Guide to Using a Peak Flow Meter.
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Asthma Management Plan.
Eliminating Asthma Triggers.
A School Management Plan.
How Asthma-Friendly Is Your School or Day Care Center?
Famous People with Asthma.