In the face of rapid changes and challenges to the business environment, learning and talent are key to the success of businesses. This is an area in which the Chief Learning Officer (the CLO) is vital and has evolved into a Chief Talent Officer role in organizations. The Chief Talent Officer is now responsible for working to drive value, focusing on issues such as talent, organization design and development, culture, business alignment, managing resources, innovation, technology, utilization, customer service, and ROI. Chief Talent Officer discusses the critical, value-adding role of the next generation CLO, and the strategies that can be used to fulfill this role. With a wealth of perspectives from some of the world’s best talent executives, this book illuminates the role from the CLO’s perspective.
This revised and refreshed edition of the text includes the latest illustrative examples, explanations, and data. The reader is shown the role of the CLO from diverse, multinational points of view, and taken through the varying aspects of business strategy in a range of international environments.
This book is a vital tool for managers and students, providing techniques and methods for the training, talent, and HR communities alike. It will help its readers to demonstrate and understand the potential value that can be added to any organization when it is managed and organized well, and equipped with appropriate leadership.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||6 MB|
About the Author
Tamar Elkeles, PhD, is the Chief Talent Officer at Atlantic Bridge Capital, LLC, and the former Chief Learning Officer at Qualcomm.
Jack J. Phillips, PhD, is Chairman of ROI Institute Inc.
Patricia Pulliam Phillips, PhD, is President and CEO of ROI Institute, Inc.
Table of Contents
1. The Chief Learning Officer: Evolution, Trends, Issues
2. Developing the Learning Strategy
3. Setting the Investment Level
4. Aligning Learning to Business Needs
5. Shifting to Performance Improvement
6. Creating Value-Based Delivery
7. Managing the Learning Function for Value
8. Working in a Global Environment
9. Managing Talent for Value
10. Creating a Performance and Innovation Culture
11. Creating Value with Employee Engagement
12. Developing Global Leaders
13. Demonstrating Value with Analytics and ROI
14. Develop Effective Business Relationships