The Case for Israel is an ardent defense of Israel's rights, supported by indisputable evidence.
- Presents a passionate look at what Israel's accusers and detractors are saying about this war-torn country.
- Dershowitz accuses those who attack Israel of international bigotry and backs up his argument with hard facts.
- Widely respected as a civil libertarian, legal educator, and defense attorney extraordinaire, Alan Dershowitz has also been a passionate though not uncritical supporter of Israel.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.56(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.77(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPreface to the Paperback Edition.
1. Is Israel a Colonial, Imperialist State?
2. Did European Jews Displace Palestinians?
3. Was the Zionist Movement a Plot to Colonize All of Palestine?
4. Was the Balfour Declaration Binding International Law?
5. Were the Jews Unwilling to Share Palestine?
6. Have the Jews Always Rejected the Two-State Solution?
7. Have the Jews Exploited the Holocaust?
8. Was the U.N. Partition Plan Unfair to Palestinians?
9. Were Jews a Minority in What Became Israel?
10. Has Israel's Victimization of the Palestinians Been the Primary Cause of the Arab-Israeli Conflict?
11. Was the Israeli War of Independence Expansionists Aggression?
12. Did Israel Create the Arab Refugee Problem?
13. Did Israel Start the Six-Day War?
14. Was the Israeli Occupation Without Justification.
15. Was the Yom Kippur War Israel's Fault?
16. Has Israel Made Serious Efforts at Peace?
17. Was Arafat Right in Turning Down the Barak-Clinton Peace Proposal?
18. Why Have More Palestinians Than Israelis Been Killed?
19. Does Israel Torture Palestinians?
20. Has Israel Engaged in Genocide against Palestinian Civilians?
21. Is Israel a Racist State?
22. Is the Israeli Occupation the Cause of All the Problems?
23. Has Israel Denied the Palestinians Statehood?
24. Is Israel's Policy of House Destruction Collective Punishment?
25. Is Targeted Assassination of Terrorist Leaders Unlawful?
26. Is Settlement in the West Bank and Gaza a Major Barrier to Peace?
27. Is Terrorism Merely Part of a Cycle of Violence?
28. Is Israel the Prime Human Rights Violator in the World?
29. Is there Moral Equivalence between Palestinian Terrorist and Israeli Responses?
30. Should Universities Divest from Israel and Boycott Israeli Scholars?
31. Are Critics of Israel Anti-Semitic?
32. Why Do So Many Jews and Even Israelis Side With The Palestinians?
Conclusion: Israel-the Jew among Nations.
What People are Saying About This
"Eric Hoffer wrote in the '60s about the phenomenon of the assimilated Jew who would, to prove his worth to his betters, oppose the state of Israel and call it conscience. I applaud Professor Dershowitz for his consistent, principled, and reasoned defense of Israel, and, so, of the Jewish people." ?David Mamet
"In a world in which Israel seems always to be the accused, regardless of the facts, Alan Dershowitz's defense offers an oasis of sanity and straight talk. It may be too much to hope that Israel's accusers will read this powerful and persuasive response to their charges. It is not at all too much to ask that fair-minded observers do so." ?Floyd Abrams
"Alan Dershowitz's detailed and penetrating analysis of the issues that fuel the continuing war in Israel should be read by everyone interested in reaching a fair conclusion as to how that tragic conflict should be ended. Every charge leveled by Israel's opponents is dealt with lucidly and convincingly by one of the nation's brightest minds and most effective advocates." ?Mario M. Cuomo
"This is a powerful and brilliantly argued book by a life- long champion of law, freedom, and human rights. Dershowitz faces down the Big Lies one by one and proves that Israel is not guilty of colonialism, apartheid, or "Nazism." Anyone who cares about Israel?and about the truth?will find this essential, even life-saving reading." ?Phyllis Chesler Ph.D, author of The New Anti-Semitism: The Current Crisis and What We Can Do About It
"In this important book, as in many of his writings, Alan Dershowitz remains an ardent and courageous defender of Israel and what the law stands for." ?Elie Wiesel
"The Case for Israel is a marvelous primer for supporters of that beleaguered state who want to d efend Israel from the calamities falsely ascribed to it by its worldwide enemies. Dershowitz has summarized those false accusations and provided the facts, enabling the reader to respond to the anti-Semites and those who are hostile to Israel. More than a great read, it is essential if you want to be equipped to defend Israel in the world of conversation and debate." ?Edward I. Koch
"The Case for Israel is indispensable reading for those of us who are deeply disturbed by the rise of anti-Semitism in American society, even on college campuses." —Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Chairman, Department of African and African-American Studies at Harvard