Updated July 2019!!
Siem Reap | Phnom Penh | Kampot | Sihanoukville | Koh Rong | Koh Rong Samloem | Off the Beaten Path
Ditch the generic travel guides that are impersonal AF and feel like they were written for your nerdy cousin who wears socks with sandals.
A true Cambodia vacation should be equal amounts Khmer culture, street food, and tan lines. And that’s exactly what this guide is!
The Solo Girl's Travel Guide shows you...
- What to Pack
- The Best Islands, Beaches, and Hotels for your Budget
- Local Places to Eat, Shop, and Explore
- Cambodian History and Culture - but only the important stuff
- Hidden Bars where you can make friends with Locals & Expats
- Sights & Temples you MUST See (and which sights are a waste of time)
- How to Take Public Transportation around the City
- And the nerve-racking stuff like how to get to your hotel from the airport without getting scammed
Plan the perfect itinerary for 1 week to 4 weeks - without breaking your budget.
What this Guide is not…
- An overwhelming deep-dive into Cambodia's history
- A 5-hour read with historical dates and ancient facts
- A book written by some man who doesn’t even live here…
Speaking of men, since the success of The Solo Girl’s Travel Guide, I’ve had many dudes ask me, “Yeah, but why a girl’s guide?”
Um, because we have boobs. And for some reason, that’s enough for the world to treat us like toys. We constantly have to ask ourselves questions like….
- Are there drugs in my drink?
- Is that dark alley filled with serial killers?
- Am I going to be kidnapped and sold to the highest bidder?
The answer is usually no, but for us girls, “usually” doesn’t cut it. In order to be wild and carefree, we’ve got to feel 100% safe.
And I’ve never found a travel guide to take my safety into consideration…so, here we are.
You don’t need a boyfriend, a travel partner or anyone’s approval to travel the world. And you don’t need a massive bank account or an entire summer off work. All you need is some courage in your bones and a good book in your hands. If you’ve doubted yourself for one moment, remember this:
Millions of girls travel across the globe all by themselves every damn day and you can, too.
You are just as capable, just as smart, and just as brave as the rest of us. You don’t need permission- this is your life. Listen to your gut, follow your heart, and just book that ticket already!
Oh, and once you’ve bought this book…we’re officially friends. I’m here if you need me, just write me on Instagram - you'll find my handle inside.