|Publisher:||University of Texas Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author
Lawrence R. Samuel writes, consults, and teaches in New York City. His other books include Pledging Allegiance: American Identity and the Bond Drive of World War II.
Table of Contents
- Part One: Home Sweet Home
- Chapter 1: The Precocious Prodigy, 1946-1952
- Chapter 2: Shower of Stars, 1953-1955
- Part Two: Keeping Up with the Joneses
- Chapter 3: The Spark Plug of Prosperity, 1956-1958
- Chapter 4: A Mist Settling on Our Pond, 1959-1960
- Part Three: The New Society
- Chapter 5: Think Young, 1961-1962
- Chapter 6: The Psychic Air We Breathe, 1963-1964
What People are Saying About This
"If there was a book like Brought to You By when I came into the advertising business, it would have saved me ten years of hard knocks. I plan to buy it by the box load and hand it out as my gift to any young person who expresses interest in getting into the advertising business."
"The most exciting and comprehensive explanation of how a single medium rose to be one of the most definitive forces in our culture"