Boundaries in Dating offers illuminating insights for romance that can help you grow in freedom, honesty, and self-control as you pursue a healthy dating relationship that will lead to a healthy marriage.
Dating can be fun, but it's not easy. Meeting people is just one concern. Once you've met someone, then what? What do you build? Nothing, a simple friendship, or more? How do you set smart limits on physical involvement? Financial involvement? Individual responsibilities?
Respected counselors, popular radio hosts, and bestselling authors Henry Cloud and John Townsend apply the principles described in their Gold Medallion Award-winning Boundaries to matters of love and romance. Helping you bridge the pitfalls of dating, Boundaries in Dating unfolds a wise, biblical path to developing self-control, freedom, and intimacy in the dating process. Boundaries in Dating will help you to think, solve problems, and enjoy the journey of dating, increasing your abilities to find and commit to a marriage partner.
Full of insightful, true-life examples, this much-needed book includes such topics as:
- Recognizing and choosing quality over perfection in a dating partner
- How to ensure that honest friendship is one vital component in a relationship
- Preserving friendships by separating between platonic relationships and romantic interest
- Moving past denial to deal with real relational problems in a realistic and hopeful way
- . . . and much more!
Plus, check out Boundaries family collection of books dedicated to key areas of life - marriage, raising kids, parenting teens, and leadership. Workbooks and Spanish editions are also available.
|Product dimensions:||5.26(w) x 7.96(h) x 0.64(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Dr. Henry Cloud is an acclaimed leadership expert, psychologist, and New York Times best-selling author. In his leadership consulting practice, Dr. Cloud works with both Fortune 500 companies and smaller private businesses. He has an extensive executive coaching background and experience as a leadership consultant, devoting the majority of his time working with CEOs, leadership teams, and executives to improve performance, leadership skills, and culture. Dr. Cloud lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Tori, and their two daughters, Olivia and Lucy.
Dr. John Townsend is a nationally-known leadership consultant, psychologist, and New York Times bestselling author. John is the founder of the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling, and the Townsend Leadership Program, which is a nationwide system of leadership training groups. He developed the online digital platform Townsend NOW, and the online assessment tool TPRAT. Dr. Townsend travels extensively for corporate consulting, speaking, and helping develop leaders, their teams and their families. He and his wife, Barbi, live in Newport Beach, California, and have two sons, Ricky and Benny. Visit Dr Townsend.com.
Table of Contents
Part 1: You and Your Boundaries
1. Why Boundaries in Dating?.....25
2. Require and Embody Truth.....35
3. Take God on a Date.....49
4. Dating Won’t Cure a Lonely Heart.....71
5. Don’t Repeat the Past.....77
Part 2: Whom Should I Date?
6. What You Can Live With and
What You Can’t Live With.....91
7. Don’t Fall in Love with Someone
You Wouldn’t Be Friends With.....107
8. Don’t Ruin a Friendship Out of Loneliness.....121
9. Beware When Opposites Attract.....133
Part 3: Solving Dating Problems: When You’re Part of the Problem
10. Adapt Now, Pay Later.....151
11. Too Much, Too Fast.....159
12. Don’t Get Kidnapped.....173
13. Kiss False Hope Good-bye.....187
14. Boundaries on Blame.....203
Part 4: Solving Dating Problems: When Your Date Is the Problem
15. Say No to Disrespect.....219
16. Nip It in the Bud.....233
17. Set Appropriate Physical Limits.....239
18. Set Up a Detention Hall.....257