CLICK HERE to download two sample hikes from Best Hikes with Kids San Francisco
* Features more than 100 kid-friendly trails
* A comprehensive guide for families hiking in the Bay Area!
In this colorful guidebook to the best family trails in the entire Bay Area -- including Sonoma and Santa Cruz counties -- author Laure Latham developed her list of hikes not just through personal experience, but also by interviewing local parent groups to hear what families really want when they hike with kids. Beyond detailed trail descriptions, Best Hikes with Kids: San Francisco Bay Area features:
* Info on junior ranger/kid recognition programs
* Guidebook section on environmental awareness for kids
* Trail safety and how to easily identify poison oak and poison hemlock
* Stroller-friendly and dog-friendly hikes
* Trails near campgrounds, playgrounds, or quality picnic areas
* Best hikes accessible via Bay Area public transit
* Best hikes with nearby farms or nature museums
Related collections and offers
About the Author
LAURE LATHAM was born in the South Pacific, raised in Thailand, and was a tax attorney in Europe. But she developed a passion for the written word and left her international career to write feature articles and book reviews on environment, family, and travel topics and to work on children's manuscripts. Today she is a "Green Parenting expert" for the San Francisco Examiner and regularly contributes to SFKids.org and GreenMoms.com. She was also editor-in-chief of the newsletter of the Golden Gate Mothers Group in San Francisco for six years and is a member of the Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators. She has hiked and camped throughout California and now lives in the Bay Area with her husband and two daughters.