Barron's updated AP English Language and Composition: With Online Tests features practice tests, sample essays, and essay-writing tips to help students practice their skills and feel prepared for the exam.
This edition includes:
- Five full-length practice tests in the book with all questions answered and explained
- Three full-length online practice tests with answer explanations and automatic scoring A complete overview of the AP exam
- Advice and instruction for answering multiple-choice questions
- A guide to writing focused and well-organized responses to essay questions
- Sample student essays with critiques Guidelines for evaluating essays and determining final AP exam scores
About the Author
George Ehrenhaft has been writing for Barron's for over three decades. During that time he has been the author or co-author of books on the SAT, the ACT, and both the AP English Literature and AP English Language exams. Other titles relate to English grammar and essay writing, especially writing college application essays. He has also written several Barron's Book Notes titles about literature, including The Grapes of Wrath and A Streetcar Named Desire.
Ehrenhaft spent most of his career teaching English in Westchester County, New York, at Fox Lane and Mamaroneck High Schools. He is now a resident of Moraga, California, where he has become a prolific watercolor painter.