7.99 In Stock
This authoritative account traces the BahNB'! Faith from its origins in mid-nineteenth-century Iran to the spiritual and social concerns of the present.
|Sold by:||SIMON & SCHUSTER|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author
Peter Smith is Program Director for Social Science at Mahidol University's International College, Thailand. His many books include A concise encyclopaedia of the Bahá’í Faith, also published by Oneworld.
Table of ContentsList of Illustrations
Part I: The Bábí Religion, 1844-53
1. The Islamic and Iranian Background
2. The Emergence of the Bábí Movement.
3. The Developemnt of a New Religion,
4. Conflict and Collapse, 1848-53
Part II: The Estabishment of the Bahá’í Faith
6. The Writings and Teachings of Bahá’u’lláh
8. Bahá’í Communities, 1866 - 1921
Part III: The Bahá’í Faith since 1972
9. Shoghi Effendi
10. The Universal House of Justice.
11. Bahá’í Communities, 1866 - 1921
Chronology of improtant dates