Discover the Ancient Science of Health, Vitality, and Happiness
The most enduring science of healing is founded on the principle of achieving balance between our body, mind, spirit, and environment. This science is called Ayurvedaa comprehensive approach to health and wellness that has been refined for 5,000 years. With Ayurvedic Wellness, Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar presents an in-depth audio training program in the principles and practices of the "science of life." In this six-session course, Dr. Kshirsagar offers practical instruction in cornerstone principles of Ayurvedaincluding diet, exercise, breathing, and meditationto balance, heal, and transform your life.
Essential Tools for Self-Discovery and Self-Care
Ayurveda recognizes our lives as an integral whole, in which mind, body, and spirit are in constant communication. Dr. Kshirsagar teaches you the foundational tools of self-awareness to deepen your understanding of how every experience and decision in your life impacts your overall health. As you progress, surprising connections will emergeyou may suddenly recognize a link between your sleep habits and mood, discover how music affects your digestion, or reveal the emotional source behind unhealthy food cravings. Ayurveda gives you the means to clarify your personal health needs and create a wellness plan that is right for you.
"In Ayurveda, well-being stems from awareness of one's own mind and body," teaches Dr. Kshirsagar. Now you can learn the key principles of this life-changing science for health, happiness, and self-discovery with Ayurvedic Wellness.
Ayurveda as a consciousness-based approach to health and healing
• The doshasdiscovering your mind-body type and how it influences your overall health
• Ayurvedic dietary wisdomfoods and practices to maximize metabolism, stay fit, and keep your inner fire burning
• The five senses as gateways to wellness
• How to find your individual balance between regulation, moderation, and stimulation
• Metabolizing your experienceshow we gain nourishment from everything in life, not just food
• Cultivating ojas, the essence of vitality for body and spirit
• Shreyas and preyasbalancing our desire for pleasure with our need for what is healthy and beneficial
• The three functions of mindAyurvedic wisdom on the nature of consciousness and free will
• Self-care routines for morning, afternoon, and evening
• Guidance for aligning your life with the rhythms of nature
• Integrating spiritual practicethe importance of meditation, yoga, and self-reflection
• How to adapt Ayurvedic teachings to your contemporary lifestyle, and much more
• More than seven hours of instruction in the science of life from world-renowned Ayurvedic physician Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.63(w) x 6.34(h) x 0.99(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar
Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar is a world-renowned Ayurvedic physician from a family of Vedic healers in India. He is the director of Ayurvedic Healing, an integrative wellness clinic in northern California, an adviser and consultant at the Chopra Center, and author of The Hot Belly Diet. Visit ayurvedichealing.net.