• Special sections on massage give complete instructions for easing the discomforts of pregnancy, relieving the pain of labor and birth, and facilitating the bonding of mother and child.
• Written by a registered nurse trained in herbal medicine, reflexology, and massage.
Fragrant, gentle essential oils are ideally suited to the special needs of women during pregnancy, birth, and early motherhood. This newly revised edition of the definitive guide provides the reader with expert advice on using essential oils in massage, baths, compresses, lotions, and inhalations. Special sections on massage for pregnant women and newborns give complete instructions for using massage to ease the discomforts of pregnancy and relieve the pain of labor and birth, as well as to soothe and comfort restless babies and facilitate the bonding of mother and child. The author also explains how to successfully treat common disorders such as morning sickness, water retention, cellulite, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and stretch marks. Safe, effective remedies for babies are also covered, including colic, diaper rash, and teething pain.
|Publisher:||Inner Traditions/Bear & Company|
|Edition description:||Revised and Expanded Edition of Aromatherapy for Mother and Baby|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAromatherapy and Massage for Mother and Baby
1. The Benefits of Aromatherapy in Pregnancy
2. Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Explained
3. A History of Essential Oils
4. How to Use Essential Oils
5. A Guide to Essential Oils
6. Preconceptual Care
7. Pregnancy Massage
8. Aromahelp for Discomforts During Pregnancy
9. Aromahelp for Labor and Birth
10. Postpartum Care and Adjusting to Motherhood
12. Getting Back into Shape
13. Postpregnancy Skin and Hair
14. Baby Massage
15. Aromahelp for Baby Problems
16. A Reference Guide to Essential Oils
Glossary of Medical Terms
Appendix 1: Resource Guide
Appendix 2: Recommended Reading
What People are Saying About This
"The book expertly guides the reader with specific advice on relieving the small, everyday discomforts of pregnancy . . . safe, gentle remedies, too, are recommended for baby care."
"This is one of the best books on aromatherapy I have read. [The author's] basic advice on purchasing, storing, and using essential oils is applicable for anyone interested in aromatherapy for better physical and emotional health."
". . . an excellent reference for both mothers-to-be and health professionals serving this population. I will continue to recommend this book for those interested in learning safe ways to use essential oils in caring for new mothers and their babies."
"Overall, I liked the aromatherapy content, Allison England's views on pregnancy and birth, and the easy-to-read and reference style-structure of the book. As a childbirth educator, I would recommend this book to pregnant women with confidence."