Ensure that every student develops the maths, literacy and working scientifically skills they need to succeed with this skills-focused Pupil Book that contains a variety of activities, questions and real-world examples that are tailored to the Big Ideas and mastery goals of the AQA KS3 Syllabus.
- Develop conceptual understanding with a variety of questions that require students to apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios.
- Build working scientifically skills with various Enquiry activities matched to the AQA syllabus.
- Test understanding and measure progress with factual recall questions developed around the ideas of Generalisations, Principles and Models.
- Stretch knowledge and understanding with extend tasks linked to higher-order thinking skills - Compare, Evaluate and Predict.
- Bridge the gap between Key Stages 2 and 3, with a focus on maths and enquiry skills and understanding scientific terminology.
- Provides comprehensive support for non-specialist or less-confident teachers when used in conjunction with the online Teaching & Learning resources.
Written in association with Sheffield Hallam University:
The Science Education Team within Sheffield Institute of Education (SIoE), is one of the leading STEM education groups in Europe, with a worldwide reputation for knowledge exchange and research. SIoE leads national and international STEM education programmes covering curriculum and pedagogical design and development, widening participation to traditionally under-represented groups, and research in science education.