Barron's AP English Language and Composition: With 8 Practice Tests features practice tests, sample essays, and essay-writing tips to help students practice their skills and score high on the exam. This edition is updated for the revised May 2020 exam.
This edition includes:
- Five full-length practice tests in the book, revised for the May 2020 exam
- Three full-length online practice tests with answer explanations and automatic scoring, revised for the May 2020 exam
- A complete overview of the revised AP test and how students should prepare for it
- Advice and instruction for answering “new types” of multiple-choice and free-response questions
- A guide to writing focused and well-organized responses to essay questions along with the revisions being made to the May 2020 exam
- Stronger sample student essays with critiques
- Revised guidelines for evaluating essays and determining final AP exam scores
About the Author
George Ehrenhaft has been writing for Barron's for over three decades. During that time he has been the author or co-author of books on the SAT, the ACT, and both the AP English Literature and AP English Language exams. Other titles relate to English grammar and essay writing, especially writing college application essays. He has also written several Barron's Book Notes titles about literature, including The Grapes of Wrath and A Streetcar Named Desire.
Ehrenhaft spent most of his career teaching English in Westchester County, New York, at Fox Lane and Mamaroneck High Schools. He is now a resident of Moraga, California, where he has become a prolific watercolor painter.