Get in-depth preparation and practice for the AP Chinese exam with Barron's AP Chinese Language and Culture. This edition reflects the AP exam's standards, presenting questions in both traditional and simplified Chinese characters. Pinyin is included in the Culture Notes section.
Barron's AP Chinese Language and Culture includes:
- Two full-length practice exams with questions answered and explained
- Downloadable online audio that presents spoken material covering the exam's Listening and Speaking sections
- A detailed introduction that provides a thorough overview of the AP Chinese Language and Culture course and exam, instructions for navigating the computerized features of the exam, information about scoring, and more
- Detailed review and practice material that covers Listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension, Writing Skills, and Speaking Skills
- A review of Chinese grammar and Chinese culture that will provide readers with valuable information to remember for test day
About the Author
Yan Shen has been a lecturer in Asian Languages and Cultures at UCLA, Los Angeles since 2005. She has a Masters in Sinology and Anthropology from University Trier, Trier, Germany and a Bacherlors in Chinese Language and Literature from Capital Normal University, Beijing, China. She was born in China and has lived in Beijing for more than two decades. She taught Chinese as a second language at the International Chinese Language and Culture Center, Tsinghua University, China, during 1993 and 2004. She has been a certified Oral Proficiency Tester for the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages since 2012. She has written numerous articles for journals and speaks regularly at national and global conferences. She has served as a reviewer for the Critical Language Scholarship Program (Chinese) for several years.
Joanne Shang teaches Mandarin Chinese at Rye Country Day School in New York and is professionally focused in student-centered pedagogy and technology integration in world language teaching and learning. She is a master teacher in Startalk programs and presents regularly at national and global conferences. Joanne previously taught in North Carolina and Hong Kong.