21.75 Out Of Stock
A collection of current,carefully selected articles from the public press. This reader explores key issues in Canadian politics.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. The Constitution and Canadian Federalism
1. A Constitutional Solution: The Evolution of Canadian Federalism, Gérald-A. Beaudoin, The Parliamentarian, July 1996.
2. How Meech Changed History, Graham Fraser, The Globe and Mail (Toronto), April 26, 1997.
3. The Case for Strengthening Federal Powers, Andrew Coyne, Policy Options, April 1997.
4. The Supreme Court Ruling, a Lesson in Democracy, Peter H. Russell, Cité Libre, October/November 1998.
5. The New Constitutional Duty to Negotiate, Dan Usher, Policy Options, January/February 1999.
UNIT 2. The Parliamentary System
6. Reforming the House of Commons: Lessons from the Past and Abroad, Christopher Garner, Canadian Parliamentary Review, Winter 1998-1999.
7. Free Votes in the House of Commons: A Problematic Reform, C. E. S. Franks, Policy Options, November 1997.
8. Women in Canadian Legislatures 1978-1998, Norma Gauld, Canadian Parliamentary Review, Summer 1998.