- Features more than 3,000 high-quality, full-color images—400+ new to this edition.
- Nearly 1000 images in skin of color patients.
- Includes never-before-published images contributed by global leaders in dermatology.
- Includes new diseases and rare conditions, along with relevant hair, nail, and mucous membrane findings.
- Aligns its Table of Contents with Andrews’ Diseases of the Skin, allowing both books to be used in tandem.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||2nd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.88(h) x 0.00(d)|
About the Author
In 1987, just 6 years after residency, Dr. James was named the Chief of Dermatology at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. After 8 years at the helm, he moved into a position at a grand institution, the University of Pennsylvania, so that he could mostly teach, care for patients and write.
Among his nearly 300 publications are many books, the most significant being Andrews’ Diseases of the Skin (co-authorship of four editions), the Emedicine Dermatology text (founding editor) and the Military Medicine Textbook of Dermatology (editor).
He enjoys the beach, exercising, reading and any activity with family and friends.
Table of Contents1 Structure and Function
2 Cutaneous Signs and Diagnosis
3 Dermatoses Resulting from Physical Factors
4 Pruritus and Neurocutaneous Diseases
5 Atopic Dermatitis, Eczema, and Noninfectious Immunodeficiency Disorders
6 Contact Dermatitis and Drug Eruptions
7 Erythema and Urticaria
8 Connective Tissue Diseases
10 Seborrheic Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Recalcitrant Palmoplantar Eruptions, Pustular Dermatitis, and Erythroderma
11 Pityriasis Rosea, Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris, and Other Papulosquamous and Hyperkeratotic Diseases
12 Lichen Planus and Related Conditions
14 Bacterial Infections
15 Diseases Resulting from Fungi and Yeasts
16 Mycobacterial Diseases
17 Hansen Disease
18 Syphilis, Yaws, Bejel, and Pinta
19 Viral Diseases
20 Parasitic Infestations, Stings, and Bites
21 Chronic Blistering Dermatoses
22 Nutritional Diseases
23 Diseases of Subcutaneous Fat
24 Endocrine Diseases
25 Abnormalities of Dermal Fibrous and Elastic Tissue
26 Errors in Metabolism
27 Genodermatoses and Congenital Anomalies
28 Dermal and Subcutaneous Tumors
29 Epidermal Nevi, Neoplasms, and Cysts
30 Melanocytic Nevi and Neoplasms
31 Macrophage/Monocyte Disorders
32 Cutaneous Lymphoid Hyperplasia, Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma, Other Malignant Lymphomas, and Allied Diseases
33 Diseases of Skin Appendages
34 Diseases of Mucous Membranes
35 Cutaneous Vascular Diseases
36 Disturbances of Pigmentation
What People are Saying About This
The ultimate visual catalog for those who see patients with skin conditions