American Medical Association Complete Guide to Prevention and Wellness: What You Need to Know about Preventing Illness, Staying Healthy, and Living Longer / Edition 1 available in Hardcover, NOOK Book
MORE THAN 3 MILLION AMERICANMEDICAL ASSOCIATION BOOKS SOLD
From America's most trusted source for medical advice--a comprehensive guide to preventing illness and promoting wellness
If you're one of the millions of people who have decided to take more direct control of their health by focusing on illness prevention and self-care, the American Medical Association Complete Guide to Prevention and Wellness is the resource you need. This authoritative guide provides valuable information to help you prevent disease and stay healthy throughout your life. It lays out the foundations of good health and shows you the basic steps you can take to reduce your health risks and prevent major illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and some forms of cancer. You will learn how to avoid these and other common afflictions by making lifestyle changes and understanding what your body needs to stay fit and healthy.
Filled with leading-edge information, this indispensable reference also describes key risk-reducing measures, from eating a healthy diet and being more physically active to reducing stress, getting a good night's sleep, and having all the recommended screening tests. You will find the most effective techniques for avoiding food-borne illnesses, and you'll learn how to minimize specific risks for children, adolescents, women, and men.
Comprehensive in scope, easy to navigate, and filled with clear, helpful information and illustrations, the American Medical Association Complete Guide to Prevention and Wellness is the essential health resource for every age and stage of life.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.80(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPART ONE: THE BASICS OF PREVENTION AND WELLNESS.
1. Nutrition, Prevention, and Wellness.
2. Live Younger Longer with Exercise.
3. Weight, Prevention, and Wellness.
4. Stress, Rest, and Relaxation.
5. Reducing Your Health Risks.
6. Health Care Will Keep You Well.
PART TWO: PREVENTING HEALTH PROBLEMS.
7. Preventing Heart Attacks and Strokes.
8. Avoiding Type 2 Diabetes.
9. Preventing Cancer.
10. Preventing Infections.
11. Keeping Your Bones and Joints Healthy.
12. Keeping Your Digestive System Healthy.
13. Keeping Your Urinary Tract Healthy.
14. Controlling Allergies.
15. Keeping Your Lungs Healthy.
16. Heading Off Headaches.
17. Keeping Your Ears, Nose, and Throat Healthy.
18. Keeping Your Eyes Healthy.
19. Reducing Dementia Risks.
20: Keeping Your Mouth, Teeth, and Gums Healthy.
PART THREE: PREVENTION AND WELLNESS THROUGHOUT LIFE.
21. Keeping Your Children Healthy.
22: Adolescents and Wellness.
23. Women's Reproductive Health and Wellness.
24. Men's Reproductive Health and Wellness.
25. Preventing Premature Aging.