Successful gardens can be created in the smallest spaces, and in this inspiring and practical guide Alan Titchmarsh shows how to transform even the tiniest outdoor area into an attractive garden. With ideas for maximizing space and advice on garden design, planning and plant selection, this is the definitive handbook for anyone wanting to create a private haven in limited space.
* Ideas for front gardens, side passages, courtyards, balconies, rooftops and windowsills
* Tricks to make small spaces seem larger
* How to use every inch of space, including containers
* Easy-to-follow landscaping plans for all garden shapes and styles
* Guidance on growing vegetables, herbs and fruit in small plots
About the Author
Alan Titchmarsh is the author of over 40 books about gardening, including How to be a Gardener Book 1: Back to Basics, the fastest- selling of all time in the genre; natural history titles including British Isles: A Natural History and The Nature of Britain; three bestselling autobiographies and a number of bestselling novels. He has twice been named 'Gardening Writer of the Year' and for four successive years was voted 'Television Personality of the Year' by the Garden Writers' Guild. Alan has appeared on radio and television both as a gardening expert and as an interviewer and presenter, and is the current presenter of Love Your Garden and Grow Your Own At Home on ITV.