Advancing Your Career: Concepts in Professional Nursing / Edition 6 available in Paperback
- Coverage of The Joint Commission’s initiatives and roles in accreditation.
- Issues from the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) and magnet status.
- Discussions on delegation and how it relates to the management of unlicensed assistive personnel.
- All of the critical components of professional nursing practice, including effective communication, professional ethics, leadership, group theory, teaching/ learning, and multicultural issues.
- Quantum physics theory and its relevance to nursing care.
- Nanotechnology and genomics and how they affect nursing.
- Data element sets and terminologies recognized by ANA.
- Staffing issues related to safety.
- Coverage of domestic violence issues.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.70(d)|
Table of Contents
I. Professional Bases for Practice
1. Your Professional Identity
2. Theory as the Basis for Practice?
3. Evolution and Use of Formal Nursing Knowledge
4. Health, Illness, and Holism
5. Evidence-Based Practice
II. Critical Abilities in Professional Nursing Practice
6. Effective Communication
7. Critical Thinking
8. Working with Groups
9. The Teaching-Learning Process
10. Managing and Leading in the Organization
11. Change and Innovation
12. Professional Ethics
III. Quality Care for Individuals, Families & Groups
13. Quality and Safety in Healthcare
14. Population Heath
15. Informatics and Documenting Outcomes
16. Economics and Healthcare Policy
17. The Politically Active Nurse: An Imperative
18. Healthcare Reform and Global Issues
19. Expanding the Vision
A. Professional Nursing Organizations
B. Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classifications (NOC) Systems
Click here for the full list of Contributors, Reviewers, and Table of Contents.